After eating all the sweets during the Christmas holidays, it is nice to get back to healthier food. This is Kathy Boitnott’s recipe that Charlie made today. Basically it is a vegetable salad that you can add your favorite vegetables. Also, you could vary the amounts of any vegetable. Here are the ingredients:
- Dressing is: 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, salt and pepper to taste. These are approximate measurements, so you will want to taste as you prepare the dressing to see if you want to add more of any of these ingredients.
- 2 cans of drained roasted corn
- 2 cans of black beans or ( 1 can of black beans and 1 can garbanzo beans) drained
- fresh broccoli (about 3 broccoli heads cut up into florets)
- 5 stalks of celery cut up
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 or 2 cucumbers ( peel, slice diagonally to remove seeds, and cut into cubes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and roast broccoli, sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper, for about 13 minutes. Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl and add the dressing as the last ingredient. Mix well and chill several hours before serving.