Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole and Sophie Story
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/4 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- salt to taste
- 4 TBS softened butter
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans ( candied pecans makes this delicious)
- 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 2 or 2 1/2 quart casserole dish ( 8 X 11 is good).
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until tender ( about 7 minutes, depending on the size.) Drain well and return to the pot. Add butter, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt to the potatoes and mash until smooth. Use a hand mixer, if desired, to make extra smooth,
3. Transfer the mashed potatoes to a Pam sprayed casserole dish. Place in the oven until heated through
4. Topping. In a medium bowl, combine soft butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix with a fork and then add the pecans. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Top with half of the marshmallows, then sprinkle half of the pecan mixture over the marshmallows (pinching together with your fingers). Top with the other half of the marshmallows and sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the top. Place back in the oven for 8 -15 minutes until the top is bubbly and golden brown (keep an eye on it so that the marshmallows do not burn.
Cattitude Coffee Mug and Sophie Story
This is a mug which I created and fits perfectly for my cat Sophie. Yesterday I was folding towels on the bed. She jumped on the bed to play and started her kicking and rolling on a pile of folded dish towels. I gently removed her and refolded the towels. Sophie then ran across the bed at full steam and using a full arm swing batted all of the towels on the floor and then looked up at me. I had to laugh. She won that round.