New Pottery and a Couple of Recipes
My pottery booth at Inside Out Market on South Water in Gallatin has just been restocked for the last week-end of Christmas Shopping. Most items are on the average $25, great gifts for the person who has everything.
Charlie’s Pecan-Crusted Trout and Chicken Recipes.
I am not really a fish person, but I love this trout recipe.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 10 oz Rainbow Trout
- olive oil ( 1 TBS)
- salt and pepper
- butter(2 TBS)
- pecans 1/2 oz
- Panko bread crumbs ( 1/4 cup)
- thyme (1/8 oz)
- honey( 2 tsp)
- dijon mustard
- mayonnaise (2 TBS)
Make Crust and Sauce-Finely chop or crush pecans. Place 2 TBS butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Let cool slightly, then stir in crushed pecans, panko, chopped thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. In another small bowl combine honey, mustard and mayonnaise.
Roast Fish-Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.Pat trout dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle skin sides with oil, rub to coat. Place trout skin sides down on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Evenly spread the tops with a thin layer of the honey mustard sauce with a basting brush or the back of a spoon. Reserve about half of the honey mustard sauce to top the dish once it has cooked. Mound with the pecan mixture, pressing firmly to adhere. Roast the trout on the top shelf until crust is golden brown and trout is cooked through about 13 minutes. The internal temperature of the fish should be 145 degrees. Drizzle trout with the remaining honey mustard sauce.
Grilled Chicken with Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Makes 4 servings (Also, the salsa that is left over is great over a tossed salad of greens).
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (15 oz can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 TBS chopped sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each) pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
1.Combine corn, bell pepper, beans, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, 1/4 tsp salt in medium bowl; mix well.
2. Combine black pepper, remaining teaspoon salt and chili powder in a small bowl; sprinkle over the chicken.
3. Brush grill pan with oil; heat over medium -high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center.
4. Serve chicken topped with salsa